Please answer each of the following questions in detail and provide examples for better clarity wherever applicable. Provide in-text citations.
1. What makes a function of a discrete variable a candidate for a discrete random variable distribution? What about the counterpart of this candidacy in the case of a continuous variable?
2. Provide a detailed discussion on the distribution of:
a. A discrete random variable, in general terms, and then provide a numerical example of this distribution.
b. What are the mean and the standard deviation in your example?
c. How does this differ in the case where the random variable is continuous?
3. Explain the significance of the mean, variance, and standard deviation for a random variable.
4. How does the probability of a union of disjoint events exhibit itself when dealing with a (discrete or continuous) random variable? Provide an example
5. What is the expectation operation and what are its properties? How does the expectation operation yields relate between the mean, the standard deviation, and the second moment?
1. Need to have at least 1 peer-reviewed article as the reference and textbook as the reference
2. Need in-text citation
3. Please find the attachments as the power points of the course for reference.
4. Textbook Information:
Bowerman, B., Drougas, A. M., Duckworth, A. G., Hummel, R. M. Moniger, K. B., & Schur, P. J. (2019). Business statistics and analytics in practice (9th ed.). McGraw-Hill
5. Please find the Course Learning Outcome list of this course in the attachment