1. What is the test statistic used for the ANOVA procedure? Explain how it is calculated.
2. Suppose a researcher collected data to compare whether cats of different size categories differed in mean number of hours slept per day. Cats were categorized as small, medium, or large. The calculated F-statistic was 220.41.
A. Given this test statistic, can we conclude that there is more variation between groups or within groups?
B. Based on the test statistic, is it likely that an association exists between cat size and mean number of hours that a cat sleeps per day? Explain.
Researchers want to test whether the color of a vehicle ticketed for speeding has an effect on the amount of the ticket. Four vehicle colors were used for the study—red, white, black, and silver. Thirty vehicles were randomly assigned to each group. Use the output below to answer questions 3 and 4.
Variation between groups=2063.33
Variation within groups=196.25
p=4.5985705 x 10-4
3. Show how the F-statistics is calculated. Round to the nearest hundredth.
5. Write the correct decision regarding the null hypotheses and conclusion for the hypothesis that vehicle color affects the amount of a speeding ticket. Assume all ANOVA test conditions have been satisfied.
6. A manager wishes to determine whether the mean times required to complete a certain task differ for the three levels of employee training. He randomly selected 10 employees with each of the three levels of training (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced). Do the data provide sufficient evidence to indicate that the mean times required to complete a certain task differ for at least two of the three levels of training? The data is summarized in the table. Use this information for problems 5 – 9 and 11 question.
7. Assume the conditions for ANOVA have been met. Write out the null and alternate hypotheses using appropriate symbols.
6. Using a statistical computing program such as SPSS, Minitab, or StatCrunch, carry out the ANOVA test. Copy and paste the output.
7. Show how the test statistic is calculated from the output.
8. Specify the p-value and interpret its value.
9. Make the decision in terms of the null hypothesis. Write the conclusion in context of the data.
10. What happens if you try ANOVA with only two groups? Explain.
11. If the means are found to differ, which pairs of means differ? SHOW WORK
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.