ASSIGNMENT 2- Analyzing Advertisements Using the Three Major Sociological Social Psychology Theoretical Perspectives
From the five advertisements used in assignment #1, select three advertisements to be analyzed using the three major sociological social psychology theoretical perspectives (one advertisement for each perspective). If your original five advertisements are not good fits for the theoretical frameworks, you may find new advertisements as needed. In the case that you use advertisements that were not used in assignment #1, you will need to include separate page(s) with the information from assignment #1 for these new articles (e.g., where they were found, what they are promoting, the messages of the advertisement, and how they relate to social psychology).
The analyses for this paper should be insightful, employ your ‘sociological imagination’, and use appropriate terms and concepts from the three theoretical perspectives. The analyses should also explain how the theoretical perspectives help us to understand the ways advertisers leverage social psychology in their efforts to influence consumers in each of the advertisements.
Listed below are the three major sociological social psychology theoretical perspectives. In parentheses you will find listed the pages from Rohall et al in which these perspectives are explained. The paper is worth 25 points, and must adhere to the formatting requirements included in these directions. The assignment must be submitted via Canvas by the due date indicated in the syllabus.
The Three Major Sociological Social Psychology Theoretical Perspectives:
1. Symbolic Interactionism (Rohall et al, pp. 26-37)
2. Social Structure and Personality (Rohall et al, pp. 37-43)
3. Group Processes (Rohall et al, pp. 43-50)
The assignment must adhere to the following formatting requirements:
- The paper must be a minimum of 1200 words of text (not including cover page or references
- The paper must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- The paper must be written in 12 point Times New Roman font.
- The paper must be double spaced.
- All page margins must be 1 inch.
- Any text or other sources that are paraphrased, quoted, or used for general guidance must be
cited appropriately, using any conventional citation method you are familiar with (e.g., APA,
MLA, ASA, etc). If you are not familiar with a citation method, seek assistance from the
instructor or the free University writing lab (http://www.unt.edu/writinglab/).