For this week’s forum, we are exploring websites that check information for bias, misinformation, and possible fake news misinformation. Go to the following websites and review the methodology they use to test information for accuracy.
- Our Process at https://www.factcheck.org/our-process/
- Methodology at https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/methodology/
- Transparency at Snopes.com https://www.snopes.com/transparency/
After you have looked over these websites and reviewed the methodology of each website, please answer the following in 250 words or more:
- Which website do you find has the best way to review information for accuracy?
- Do any of these websites have any gaps in their methodology?
- Why is it important for everyone to be able to evaluate information?