video link: https://oregonstate.kanopy.com/video/daddy-papa
Please answering the following questions, writing roughly 2 paragraphs for each(include the question in your submission):
- We all participate in defining “family” through our beliefs and actions every day. How did the different gay men featured in this film create their families? What types of barriers, large and small in scale, did they face as they lived their normal lives? Please include at least 2 familial origin stories highlighted in the film, and identify at least 3 challenges these families faced.
- In 1988, the Child Welfare League of America issued its Standards for Adoption Service, stating, “Gay/lesbian adoptive applicants should be assessed the same as any other adoptive applicant. It should be recognized that sexual orientation and the capacity to nurture a child are separate issues.” Do you agree or disagree? What parts of the film support or do not support this idea? What might be other considerations relevant to the placement of adoptive children (e.g. race, marital status, etc)?
- This documentary is from 2002. Since that time, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the fundamental right to marry is guaranteed to same-sex couples by both the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution. State-level laws about lesbian and gay parenting have also changed. How does your textbook describe these changes on page 283? What is the status of lesbian and gay adoption in Oregon? Be sure to include specific references to the textbook, and include at least 1 APA style in-text citation (note that including an in-text citation is a part of the grade!).
- Use APA style formatting and in-text citations for any material you discuss that comes from the textbook (see OWL Purdue APALinks to an external site.).
- Times New Roman 12 point font
- Double spaced
- 1 inch margins
- You do not need to put your name or the title of the documentary on the top of your assignment.
- To earn full points, your response should be 2.5 – 3 full pages in length.
- There is no minimum page requirement, but that length will allow for the level of detail required to fully answer all parts of each question.
- Reference actual facts from the video in your responses.
- The point is to demonstrate that you watched the entire video and paid attention.
- You must make connections between the video and the textbook to earn full points.
- APA style in-text citations are required for the textbook, but you don’t need a full reference at the end.
- Proof read and edit your work prior to submission.