Society discussion 12 | Social Science homework help
- “NASA: Global climate change” (Links to an external site.)
- “What should you say to a climate change skeptic?” (Links to an external site.)
- “Meet the evangelical Christian persuading believers that climate change is real” (Links to an external site.)
- “Rash of suicides in India—Cotton farmers without hope” (Links to an external site.) (video, 6:10 minutes)
- “Australia: Suicides among farmers” (Links to an external site.) (video, 6:45 minutes)
- “Trading down: How unfair trade hurts farmers [in poor countries]” (Links to an external site.)
- “Agribusiness is devastating to family farmers, rural communities, and the environment” (Links to an external site.)
- The sugar that permeates the American diet has a barbaric history as the ‘white gold’ that fueled slavery” (Links to an external site.)
- GPCC, chapter 7, “Environment and consumption”
What are the key indicators of global climate change, according to NASA? And what evidence should be pointed out to climate skeptics?
How do food exports from wealthy countries to poor countries hurt medium and small farmers in poor countries?
What problems in general do corporate agriculture cause? What are the present-day causes of suicide among family farmers?
What problems does “Farming and biodiversity” address? What are its recommendations? How are these related to the “clean farming revolution” (Week 12)?
Describe either “the case of sugar” or “the story of beef” (in GPCC).
Post to Canvas (ASSIGNMENTS or DISCUSSIONS) by next Sunday, 11:59 pm. 250 word minimum; no maximum word count. Display the word count at the end of your post.