Social development | Social Science homework help
Throughout this course, you have researched a number of topics related to child development. For this benchmark assessment, you will take all that you’ve learned as well as additional research to create a final essay and brochure that encompasses all assessments in two specific areas: Culture and Diversity and Technology/Computers/Internet. Outside research is required, and you are encouraged to carefully read and review all of the articles and videos provided in the ‘Learning Materials’ section for this week.
Step 1: Write a comprehensive essay in which you discuss culture and diversity to include:
- Culture and how it relates to a child’s development
- Socioeconomic status and poverty and how these relate to a child’s development
- Ethnicity and how it affects a child’s development
The essay should be 2000-2250 words and should address each of the required prompts in Step 1. Be sure to completely answer all requirements in each prompt. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Make sure to reference five (5) citations using the APA writing style for each reference. Include a cover page and a reference page, which do not count towards the minimal word amount.
Step 2: Create a brochure that includes:
- Technology in terms of both positive and negative aspects to how the technology revolution is affecting children and adolescents
- Computers and the Internet – the technological revolution today’s children and adolescents are experiencing with increased use of computers and the Internet (positive and negative aspects)
- Include graphics and research-based support for each; There should be text/graphic balance
- Include a minimum of three (3) references