Research Paper: Outline Assignment
Throughout the course you will work on a formal research paper that will be submitted in three stages. The topic of the paper should be based on current issues and academic research in the economic and financial management of sport.
After completion of the Annotated Bibliography and any required revisions based on feedback, you will create an outline of your research paper. The outline should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document and must follow the format indicated below. Along with the body of the draft, each major section of the paper should be represented in the outline, including the title page and informative title, draft abstract, references, and appendices (if utilized). Subsections of your paper should be listed appropriately following the example below. The outline should be 1–2 pages.
I. Title Page (be sure to include a relevant, informative title)
II. Abstract (be sure to include a draft abstract)
IV. Supporting Idea
A. First level headings
1. Second level headings or supporting ideas (does not necessarily need to have a heading)
a) Additional levels (if necessary)
V. Second Supporting Idea (follow the same format for the third and fourth etc. supporting ideas).
VI. Conclusion, etc.
VII. References: Include a full citation of all references in the outline.
· Provide brief explanations (1–3 sentences) to describe your main and supporting ideas in order to demonstrate how the parts of the paper fit together.
· Indicate in the outline where the sources from the annotated bibliography and your additional sources will be utilized. This should be done by citing the source in the most current APA format for in-text citations.
· Include a full reference page listing all sources in the most current APA format.
· For your additional sources, provide a brief explanation for why you selected the source and why it fits your paper.