DR. BECKETT’S DENTAL OFFICE
A dentist decides not to become a health maintenance organization (HMO) provider, because she feels like she cannot provide good dental care for her patients at the reimbursement rates provided by the HMOs. With the help of a consultant, she decides to differentiate her practice on the basis of quality. As the dentist’s patients may be charged fees that are not covered by their insurance policies, she must convince them that her superior quality offsets the additional financial costs. She constructs a new office building and redesigns her entire practice to communicate high quality to her patients, and to improve productivity through increased efficiency.
1. Which of the seven elements of the services marketing mix are addressed in this case? Give examples of each “P” you identify?
2. Evaluate Dr. Beckett’s website (http://www.mychicodentist.com/). What strengths do you think the website has? What improvements would you suggest?
3. What supplementary services are offered? How do they enhance service delivery?
4. Contrast your own dental care experiences with those offered by Dr. Beckett’s practice. What differences do you see? Based on your review of this case, what advice would you give (a) to your current or former dentist, and (b) to Dr. Beckett?
Write a minimum 5 page paper with your answers, using APA 7 Format and always list your references.
as well more two questions
1. What are the steps involved in developing a service blueprint?
2. List and describe the four tools that managers can use to guide their design of the service process.