- Describe a scientific misconduct within the last five years involving some aspect of the process of conducting research or dissemination of findings:
The federal Office of Research Integrity found that Zhiwei Wang, a postdoctoral fellow at the WSU Department of Pathology and Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit, falsified or fabricated dozens of images used to show results of his research on breast, prostate and pancreatic cancer.
- Use annual reports or newsletters published by the U. S. Office of Research Integrity or other sources such as Lexus-Nexus or PubMed®.
- Include the following in your description:
- Name, position, employer of offender
- Nature of the misconduct
- Legal consequences or pending litigation from the misconduct
- Actual or potential consequences for patients/public
- Actual or potential consequences for EBP