Welcome back! This week, you will complete your second lab activity! You will conduct simulated field research on various surfaces after rainfall to determine water infiltration and runoff.
- Start with your Unit 4 Learning Path in intellipath® (located in the Assignments list). Here, you will learn the following concepts that you’ll need to complete this week’s Key Assignment, the Unit 4 Individual Project:
- Water cycle
- Soil quality
- Effect of runoff
- Continue on to the Unit 4 Individual Project (instructions below).
- Read! This week’s readings will help you continue to grow in your knowledge of the following key environmental concepts:
- Natural environment
- Water pollution
- Need Help? Your instructor is waiting to answer your questions and assist you! Reach out using e-mail or CTU Messenger for the quickest response. We are here to support you as you approach the end of the session.
Lab 4: Soil Infiltration and Runoff
For this assignment, you will use the Unit 4 Soil Infiltration and Runoff Learning Module to complete the Unit 4 Lab Report worksheet. You will conduct simulated field research on vegetation-covered, smooth-rock covered, paved, and bare soil surfaces after rainfall to determine infiltration and runoff results.
- First, download the Lab Report worksheet.
- Then, view the Unit 4 Lab: Soil Infiltration and Runoff to complete the Lab Report worksheet.
- Submit your completed assignment in one of the following ways:
- Upload your completed Lab Report.
- Upload an image with your completed Lab Report.
- Type in your responses to the Lab Report in the IP submission text box.
View the Individual Project Demo for guidance on how to submit your Lab Report as an Individual Project via the Virtual Classroom or the CTU Mobile app.