SCI250 Week 1 Chapter 3 Staining Lab Quiz (6.7 points each)
Check or underline the correct answer
Section: Multiple Choice
1. Which of the following stains is used frequently to identify Mycobacterium and other bacteria whose cell walls contain high amounts of lipids?
2. Which of the following stains is used to classify microorganisms based on their cell wall content?
3. In the Gram stain, Gram-positive bacteria stain with a _________ color due to the incorporation of the _________ dye into their cell wall.
4. What is the function of the mordant iodine in a Gram staining procedure?
5. What is the order of reagents used in the Gram stain?
6. The presence of a capsule around bacterial cells usually indicates their increased disease-causing potential and resistance to disinfection. Capsules are generally viewed by ________
Section: True or False
7. Fluorescent microscopes use an ultraviolet (UV) light source and fluorochromes as stains.
8. Older, pure cultures of Gram-positive organisms can appear red when Gram stained.
9. Use of two or more dyes to differentiate among bacterial species or to distinguish various structures of an organism; for example, the Gram stain.
10. A technique for observing flagella by coating the surfaces of flagella with a dye or a metal such as silver.
11. Technique of staining the background around a specimen, leaving the specimen clear and unstained.
12. A differential stain used to make endospores easier to visualize.
13. A single dye used to reveal basic cell shapes and arrangements.
14. A differential stain for organisms that are not decolorized in alcohol, such as the bacteria that cause Hansen’s Disease (leprosy) and tuberculosis.
15. An ionic compound, used for staining bacteria, in which the positive ion imparts the color.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.