1. Which of the following is true?
a. A program can call one method at most.
b. A program can contain a method that calls another method.
c. A method can contain one or more other methods.
d. All of these are true.
2. Which of the following must every method have?
a. a header
b. a parameter list
c. a return value
d. all of these
3. Which of the following is most closely related to the concept of local?
c. in scope
d. program level
4. Although the terms parameter and arguments are closely related, the difference is that argument refers to _____.
a. a passed constant
b. a value in a method call
c. a formal parameter
d. a variable that is local to a method
5. A method’s interface is its _____.
b. return type
d. parameter list
6. When you write the declaration for a method that can receive a parameter, which of the following must be included in the method declaration?
a. the name of the argument that will be used to call the method
b. a local name for the parameter
c. the return value for the method
d. two of these
7. When you use a variable name in a method call, it _____ as the variable in the method header.
a. can have the same name
b. cannot have the same name
c. must have the same name
d. cannot have the same data type
8. Assume you have written a method with the header void myMethod(num a, string b). Which of the following is a correct method call?
b. myMethod(12, “Hello”)
d. It is impossible to tell.
9. Assume you have written a method with the header num yourMethod(string name, num code). The method’s type is _____.
c. num and string
10. Assume you have written a method with the header string myMethod(num score, string grade). Also assume you have declared a numeric variable named test. Which of the following is a correct method call?
c. myMethod(test, test)
11. The value used in a method’s return statement must _____.
a. be numeric
b. be a variable
c. match the data type used before the method name in the header
d. two of the above
12. When a method receives a copy of the value stored in an argument used in the method call, it means the variable was _____.
b. passed by value
c. passed by reference
d. assigned its original value when it was declared
13. A void method _____.
a. contains no statements
b. requires no parameters
c. returns nothing
d. has no name
14. When an array is passed to a method, it is _____.
a. passed by reference
b. passed by value
c. unnamed in the method
d. unalterable in the method
15. When you overload a method, you write multiple methods with the same_____.
b. parameter list
c. number of parameters
d. return type
16. A program contains a method with the header num calculateTaxes(num amount, string name). Which of the following methods can coexist in the same program with no possible ambiguity?
a. num calculateTaxes(string name, num amount)
b. string calculateTaxes(num money, string taxpayer)
c. num calculateTaxes(num annualPay, string taxpayerId)
d. All of these can coexist without ambiguity.
17. Methods in the same program with identical names and identical parameter lists are _____.
18. Methods in different programs with identical names and identical parameter lists are _____.
c. both of these
d. none of these
19. The notion of _____ most closely describes the way a calling method is not aware of the statements within a called method.
c. implementation hiding
20. Programmers should strive to _____.
a. increase coupling
b. increase cohesion
c. both of the above
d. neither a nor b
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.