“Since the client is a painter, the visual and communication tests are valid for this assessment.” Which specific three subtests from the WAIS-IV do you recommend to assess visual and communication skills?
After you select three relevant subtests, be sure to answer the following requirements. This information can be found online.
- Describe the properties and applications of the standardized intelligence test subtests selected as they apply to your assigned client.
- Identify at least one methodological consideration concerning the reliability and validity of administering the chosen subtests. — If you need help with this question, do take advantage of the Tutoring on Demand service (see the course announcement RE: tutoring).
- Explain what modifications you would make (if any) to your choice of subtests if you found out your client had less than a high school education or was not a native English speaker.
- Give examples of arguments for and against the use of standardized tests to make predictions about future performance and apply these arguments to your specific assigned client.
- In addition to the required reading, research a minimum of one peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library to support your choice of subtests.