1. Which of the following is one of the greatest strengths of the social cognitive perspective of personality?
a. It recognizes that the five stages of psychosexual development can, in fact, be progressed through without fixation, struggle, or strife.
b. It suggests that the genetic limitations with which we are born can be overcome.
c. It offers hope to each human being that self-actualization is a reasonable and attainable goal.
d. It offers strategies for a person to improve his or her own life, as it recognizes the importance of the individual in the construction of his or her own reality.
2. Based on your knowledge of the theories of Lawrence Kohlberg, which part of the brain would help with the reasoning of something like the Heinz Dilemma?
a. The prefrontal cortex
b. The transcranial pathway
c. The visual cortex
d. The rapid subcortical pathway
3. One way that therapists assist clients suffering from a phobia is through a technique called systematic desensitization. The person is gradually exposed to the trigger of their fear until they learn to respond with relaxation instead of panic and dread. This uses the principle of __________, which suggests that repeated exposure to a stimulus leads to familiarity and comfort.
4. Which stage of sleep is characterized by an increase in delta wave activity in the brain?
a. REM sleep
b. Stage 1
c. Stage 2
d. Stage 3
5. One of the earliest theories of multiple types of intelligence was that of Raymond Cattell, who suggested that intelligence can be divided up into two types:
a. intrapersonal and interpersonal
b. emotional and intellectual
c. practical and creative
d. fluid and crystallized
6. Why is it so important that people living with HIV or AIDS find ways of reducing the stress in their lives?
a. Because this illness compromises the immune system, and having too much stress will further limit the body’s ability to fight illness.
b. Because HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, cannot live without a ready supply of adrenaline and noradrenaline to feed on. These are the neurotransmitters that are released by people who have too much stress in their lives.
c. Because the medications used to treat these illness cannot be effective in individuals who have high stress due to the negative interaction of the drugs and cortisol, the stress hormone.
d. Because the treatment of these illnesses requires a strict regimen of medication compliance, and research has shown that those who live with high amounts of stress are more forgetful and therefore more likely to miss a dose of their crucial, life-saving medication.
7. Psychologist Stewart Page had an associate who called 180 people who had advertised __________, but when they found out that the person calling was “about to be released from a mental health facility,” they were suddenly quick to become distant. This study demonstrated the pervasiveness of stigma attached to mental illness in the 1970s
a. job openings
b. rooms for rent
c. the need for a babysitter
d. a desire to purchase a vehicle
a. The recognition that using the death penalty on juveniles presented a clear risk of unnecessary pain, which would violate the constitutional prohibition on “cruel and unusual punishment.”
b. The recognition that juveniles have a biological deficiency in their ability to use good judgment.
c. The recognition that putting juveniles to death would be more of a punishment for their families than for the juveniles themselves.
d. The recognition that juveniles are psychologically incapable of being responsible for their own actions.
9. Which of the following facts about the James-Lange theory of emotions is true?
a. James was older than Lange, which is why his name came first in the theory
b. James and Lange did not know each other, and proposed the same theory at the exact same time
c. Lange was James’s teacher, and he agreed to let James’s name come first to forward his career
d. James and Lange worked together for over thirty years before their theory was finally accepted in mainstream psychology
a. processing speed
b. mental age
c. mathematics skills
d. verbal fluency
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.