Process Improvement Project
Go based off of previous assignment you submitted
(3) tasks in this assignment.
(1) Planning and Implementation (500-750 words) on planning of project (see below for details)
(2) Powerpoint 7-10 slides (see below for details)
(3) Evaluation (250-350 words) (see below for details
TASK 1: Planning and Implementation
In Phase II of the Process Improvement Project you will be creating a project timeline to help you implement the proposed solution to the problem statement defined in Phase I. As a project leader, you will need to consider several things before you start the project. The project leader must preplan, plan, and kickoff the project.
Planning of the Project
As the project leader, write 500-750 words that address these items:
1. Identify which methodologies and strategies you will implement to meet your goals. Provide rationale for why you did not select some of the other methodologies and strategies.
2. Which business functions will be impacted by your action plan? What tactics will you use to manage implementation across business functions? What can you do to enhance collaboration/cross-functionality to ensure the success of your plan?
3. Timeline: Create a timeline to implement the proposed improvement to the problem and identify the critical path components.
4. Communication plan: Using your completed quality tools analysis and stakeholder analysis, create a communication plan for disseminating your action plan to all of the stakeholders. Which strategies do you plan to utilize and why? Your plan should demonstrate how you plan to use formal and informal communication channels to implement the plan. In addition, explain how the communication plan addresses what you are hoping to achieve with your goal.
Task 2: Powerpoint
Project Kickoff and Implementation of the Project
Successfully improving the value chain requires the willingness of required stakeholders to participate. Imagine you are presenting your project plan in a meeting to all the essential stakeholders for approval. Effective oral communication is essential in the business setting so you will need to present your project plan logically and comprehensively to the stakeholders.
Create a PowerPoint presentation (7-10 slides) specifying the problem statement, stakeholders, proposed solution, timeline, and communication plan to implement the project.
TASK 3: Evaluation
In the final step for your plan, state in 250-300 words the metrics you will use to determine project implementation success. Please justify why you have selected those metrics. Include specific metrics that will be used to evaluate the success of the implementation. How long will the project team monitor project implementation?
– Clear and concise thesis
An explanation of methodologies and strategies used to implement goals, including rationale, is thorough and well integrated, and makes meaningful connections with no gaps. An explanation of which business functions will be impacted by your action plan and the tactics you will use to manage implementation is thorough and well integrated, and makes meaningful connections with no gaps. An explanation of what can be done to enhance collaborations to ensure success is thorough and well integrated, and makes meaningful connections with no gaps. Supporting sources are present that illustrate a deep understanding of the content.
A timeline to implement the proposed improvement to the problem and identify the critical path components makes meaningful connections and contains no gaps, thorough and well integrated.
A communication plan that describes how to disseminate your action plan to all stakeholders, including which strategies you plan to use and why and how you will achieve your goal, is thorough and well integrated, and makes meaningful connections with no gaps.
Project Kickoff and Implementation Project
A presentation specifying the problem statement, stakeholders, proposed solution, timeline, and communication plan to implement the project, including a recording, is thorough and well integrated, and makes meaningful connections with no gaps.
An explanation that includes the metrics you will use to determine project success and how long the project will be monitored is thorough and well integrated, and makes meaningful connections with no gaps. Supporting sources are present that illustrate a deep understanding of the content.
Organization and Effectiveness
Thesis Development and Purpose
Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
Argument Logic and Construction
Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
The layout is visually pleasing and contributes to the overall message with appropriate use of headings, subheadings, and white space. Text is appropriate in length for the target audience and to the point. The background and colors enhance the readability of the text.
Presentation of Content: Presentation
The content is written clearly and concisely. Ideas universally progress and relate to each other. The project includes motivating questions and advanced organizers. The project gives the audience a clear sense of the main idea.
Paper Format (use of appropriate style for the major and assignment)
All format elements are correct.
Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style)
Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.