You are required to demonstrate competency in six program outcome areas. You will have completed assignments in some of your coursework that demonstrates competency in each of these areas. Learning outcomes for a specific major are the same as learning objectives for the capstone course; these objectives are:
To demonstrate intellectual growth and competence in the major students will:
- Apply marginal analysis to improve the status quo (1)
- Ability to find economic data and use it in appropriate ways . (2)
- Ability to incorporate opportunity cost into critical thinking skills . (3)
- Apply economics principles in oral and written communication that is coherent, organized, concise, grammatically correct, engaging and well-presented Apply economics principles in oral and written communication that is coherent, organized, concise, grammatically correct, engaging and well-presented. (4)
To demonstrate personal growth through the major students will:
- Interpret and analyze incentives of agents and outcomes from markets under various conditions and constraints in relation to its potential service to the individual, community and society. (5)
- Exhibit behaviors of continued learning by reviewing and interpreting current literature or sharing knowledge and experience with others. (6)
Your task this week is to analyze and discuss the following items as it relates each of the six outcome areas outcomes. Select a course and project/assignment/assessment for each question and submit a four-page paper (minimum) in which you respond to the following:
- Identify the course related to your achievement of the Outcome (some Outcomes may be covered in more than one course). In essence, in which class did the student learn the outcome?
- Describe the scope of the project completed or the assessment tool that was used to demonstrate competency in each Outcome.
- Explain how the project/assignment/assessment related to the Outcome and why you feel you have acquired the competency. In other words, demonstrate the relationship between the assignment and the outcome, and explain what you have learned.
- Discuss how this information will be used in your career.
Due: Sunday at 11:59 p.m.