Profile process planning sheet | English homework help
Profile Process Planning Sheet: Analyzing the Rhetorical Situation
Next week, you will submit a 2- to 3-page Profile essay written to your local community on a local person, place, or event. Your profile essay should take a specific angle that represents a significant issue, important contribution, or surprising quality of your chosen subject. This essay will ask you to rely on skills of close observation, detail, and description to leave readers with a dominant impression of your subject. This week, however, your task is to analyze the rhetorical situation for the Profile essay. You will establish your topic, create a clear angle, define your audience, and reflect upon your personal relationship to the subject. This assignment not only asks you to begin the writing process, but it also helps you think through the components of the rhetorical situation. Please find the Week 1 Profile Process Planning Sheet in Doc Sharing and complete it for this week’s assignment.
Be sure to achieve the following:
- Use the template provided in Doc Sharing (Week 1 Profile Process Planning Sheet) to complete this assignment. Download the file and save it with your last name and assignment title (e.g., “Blair_Week 1 Profile Process Planning Sheet”).
- Complete your responses directly on the template in the areas specified for response. The assignment should be submitted as a Microsoft Word 2010 file (.docx).
- Write in complete sentences and paragraphs (where specified). Be sure to check your responses for depth of information, clear style, and proper mechanics (spelling, grammar, and punctuation).
- Submit your assignment to the Week 1 Dropbox.
- Review the rubric for this assignment to ensure that you have met the assignment goals.