Use the problem-definition process outlined in Chapter 6 of the Zikmund textbook, then respond to the following question:
- Describe the steps involved in the problem-definition process.
- Evaluate the following statement of business research problems. For each, provide a decision statement and corresponding research purpose:
- An employees’ credit union: Our problem is to determine the reasons why employees join the credit union, determine members’ awareness of credit union services, and measure attitudes and beliefs about how effectively the credit union is operated.
- The producer of a television show: We have a marketing problem. The program’s ratings are low. We need to learn how we can improve our ratings.
- A soft-drink manufacturer: The marketing problem is that we do not know if our bottlers are more satisfied with us than our competitors’ bottlers are with them.