APA document and Power POint
Employment Settings Research
· Describe occupational therapy employment settings in our geographical area (South Florida).
· Identify the varied roles of the Occupational Therapy Assistant (e.g., practitioner, educator, research assistant, consultant).
· Identify and explain potential clients’ contextual factors, current policy issues, and socioeconomic, political, geographic, and demographic factors on the delivery of occupational therapy services for person, groups, populations, and social systems as they relate to the practice of occupational therapy.
· Select and employment setting in Occupational Therapy. Employment Setting may include Consultative Practice, Home Health, Hospitals, Pediatric Clinics, Hippo therapy, Outpatient Rehabilitation, etc.
· To demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and appreciation, describe the type(s) of clients served, the role(s) of the Occupational Therapy Assistant in this setting and level of care provided.
· Provide an understanding as to the scope, breadth of employability in Occupational Therapy (e.g., income) and specific business aspects of Occupational Therapy Practice.
· As an added measure, review a geographical area of interest outside of Florida of current to compare and contrast the employability and scope/breadth of the varied roles of the Occupational Therapy Assistant (e.g., practitioner, educator, research assistant)
· Attach an article from your research to support your employment setting.
· The topic’s contents must be organized in a clear manner, by paragraphs (Abstract/Introduction, body, and conclusion) and at least 3 pages.