The following is a two-part assignment 1) update the excel workbook, and 2) write a 1-page reflection.
Your coworker asked you to update and protect the Second-Hand Auto Dealers data input workbook so that they could send it to the Seattle dealership for use in maintaining and purchasing inventory. For this workbook to be ready for use by the dealership, you will need to complete the following.
Download and save the Excel workbook titled CH_5_Excel_Cars_Template and save it as CH_5_Excel_Cars_YourFirstandLastName.
You will utilize the tab titled Data Validation to create a Data Validation spreadsheet. You will need to provide data for each of the lookup categories for the Data Input spreadsheet. You will be responsible for creating the data lookup columns for the following categories. (If you are unsure of how to complete this step, see the following video.)
Create a list for the following categories that correlate with the Input data.
· List 8 different Auto Types
· List of 12 Months
· List 12 different Years
· List 8 different Gallon amounts
· List 2 Gas Types
· List 5 different Prices per Gallon. (What you would pay for gas at the pump.)
· Create a list from 1-10 for the # in Stock
Once you have created your Data Validation Category lists, you will begin protecting the Input Data Spreadsheet. You will compete the following on the Input Data Spreadsheet. (If you are unsure of how to complete this step, see the following video.)
· Auto – (Column B) – you will create a data validation column for the cells B5:B12. Apply the “Data Validation List” option for the Auto Types.
· Month – (Column C) – you will create a data validation column for the cells C5:C12. Apply the “Data Validation List” option for the Month.
· Year – (Column D) – you will create a data validation column for the cells D5:D12. Apply the “Data Validation List” option for the Year.
· Gallons – (Column E) – you will create a data validation column for the cells E5:E12. Apply the “Data Validation List” option for the Gallons.
· Gas Type – (Column F) – you will create a data validation column for the cells F5:F12. Apply the “Data Validation List” option for the Gas Type.
· Price Per Gallon – (Column G) – you will create a data validation column for the cells G5:G12. Apply the “Data Validation List” option for the Price per Gallon.
· # in Stock – (Column H) – you will create a data validation column for the cells F5:F12. Apply the “Data Validation List” option for the # in Stock.
The Total Cost, Budget and Stock columns have formulas that need to be protected to assure that the information will be correct. You will create protected columns that users will not be able to change. (If you are unsure of how to complete this step, see the following video.)
· Total Cost, Budget and Stock – (Columns I, J and K) – create a PROTECTED column for each column that will keeps these cells locked. (Cells I5:K12) All other columns, B, C, D, E, F, G and H user will be able to change the data. (Password will be the same as the Password used to protect the entire file…see below.)
It will be important to protect the entire workbook from accidentally being opened by the wrong employee. You will need to add a password to the entire workbook. (If you are unsure of how to complete this step, see the following video.)
· Password protect the entire file
· Be sure to provide your instructor with the password by posting it in the comments when you submit the homework.
Write a one-page reflection (Word document) on how you can use controls like these (data validation, protecting data, and locking workbooks) going forward in your career.
Submit your completed Excel workbook, one-page reflection and password.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.