1. __refers to the tendency of people in groups to suppress contrary opinions.
2. The ____ is the individual who is assigned the role of challenging assumptions made by the group.
3. Managers are often referred to as
unnecessary layer of employees.
4. Which of the following is the process of forming alliances among managers during the decision making process?
Passing the buck
5. Which style is used by people who prefer simple, clear-cut solutions to problems?
6. Which of the following refers to the degree to which organizational tasks are subdivided into individual jobs?
Lines of authority
7. Which of the following refers to the deployment of organizational resources to achieve strategic goals?
8. Which of the following is the basis for grouping positions into departments and departments into the total organization?
9 ____ are brought together as a formal department in the organization.
10. Organization structure is defined as the
visual representation of the organization.
framework in which the organization defined how tasks are divided, resources are deployed, and departments are coordinated.
division of labor.
unbroken line of authority that links all individuals in the organization.
11. What is force field analysis?
The analysis of the forces that drive customers to a certain organization
The analysis of the forces that drive the organization of a company
The process of determining which forces drive and which resist a proposed change
The process by which an organization forces changes to occur
12. The innovation strategy for changing products and technologies that involves designing the organization to encourage creativity and the initiation of new ideas is known as
13. Organizational development can help managers address problems such as erger/acquisitions, conflict management, and ____.
force field analysis
14. Creative organizations
are characterized by an unusually high number of routine jobs.
are loosely structured.
have little ambiguity.
have too many layers of management.
use a centralized decision making approach.
15. Kyle is seeing, on a regular basis, a difference between current and expected performance levels. She should begin
to gather more data.
to implement change.
to perceive a need for change.
to change the reward system.
16. ____ is the first step in attracting an effective work force.
Selecting the candidate
Choosing recruiting sources
Applying the matching model
Human resource planning
17. Which of the following is a device for collecting information about an applicant’s education, previous job experience, and other background characteristics?
An assessment center
An application form
An affirmative action form
A Privacy form
18. ____ is defined as activities or practices that define the characteristics of applicants to whom selection procedures are ultimately applied.
19. Which of these may include intelligence tests, aptitude and ability test, and personality inventories?
20. Which of the following means using computers and telecommunications equipment to do work without going to an office?
New social contract
Realistic Job Preview
21. ____ involves exposing traditional managers to nontraditional peers to help break down stereotypical beliefs.
Cultural barrier breakdown
22. The ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures refers to:
23. A culture that accepts only one way of doing things and one set of values and beliefs is referred to as a(n)
24. Which of the following refers to special training to help people identify their own cultural boundaries, prejudices, and stereotypes and to develop the skills for managing and working in a diverse workplace?
Human resource training
25. __________ is the belief that groups are inherently equal.
MGT 500 FINAL EXAM PART 2
1. ________ conflict occurs when an individual perceives incompatible demands from others.
2. ____ is the process by which individuals screen and select the various objects and stimuli that vie for their attention.
3. Which of the following is defined as the tendency to direct much of one’s behavior toward the acquisition of power and the manipulation of others for personal gain?
External locus of control
4. The extent to which a person’s ability and personality match the requirements of a job is called:
5. The Michigan researchers used the term ____ for leaders who established high performance goals and displayed supportive behavior toward subordinates.
6. Referent power depends on the leader’s
position in the hierarchy.
7. ____ means being unpretentious and modest rather than arrogant and prideful.
8. The Leadership Grid used the two leader behaviors which were called
employee-centered and job centered.
consideration and initiating structure.
concern for people and concern for production.
relationship-oriented and task-oriented.
employee-oriented and relationship oriented.
9. Which of the following is the arousal, direction, and persistence of behavior?
10. Which of these refers to the withdrawal of a positive reward, meaning that behavior is no longer reinforced and hence is less likely to occur in the future?
11. ____ describe the most basic human physical needs, including food, water and oxygen.
12. The delegation of power and authority to subordinates is referred to as
need for power.
need for achievement.
passing the buck.
need of affiliation
13. ________ is an individual’s belief about his or her abilities to successfully accomplish a specific task or outcome.
14. The learned behaviors associated with being male or female are referred to as:
15. ____ is(are) typically ambiguous, concern novel events, and impose great potential for misunderstanding.
16. The term ____ is defined as “an individual’s level of fear or anxiety associated with either real or anticipated communication.”
17. Which of the following is the most familiar and obvious flow of formal communication?
18. The ____ conflict resolution style is best when maintaining harmony is important.
19. Which of the following teams are described as a team that uses computer technology and groupware so that geographically distant members can collaborate on projects and reach common goals?
20. Which of the following refers to a unit of two or more people who interact and coordinate their work to accomplish a specific objective?
21. ________ occurs when members of a team feel comfortable disagreeing and challenging one another in the interest of finding the best solution.
Attention to results
22. Which of the following allows employees to see for themselves the financial condition of the company?
An economic value-added system
An inappropriate control system
Market value-added system
23. Net income divided by sales is the correct formula for calculating
return on total assets.
a current ratio.
a liquidity ratio.
profit margin on sales.
a corporate evaluation.
24. Which of these is based on a set of international standards for quality?
25. ____ is(are) the difference between assets and liabilities and is the company’s net worth in stock and retained earnings.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.