In today’s highly competitive, extremely variable and dynamic environment, many firms are seeking solutions. Supply chain management becomes more sophisticated and the difference between what firms want to achieve and what they can do in-house continues to grow, firms begin to realize that doing the right thing becomes more interesting than doing everything. Accordingly, they becoming better focused and more specialized by outsourcing and offshoring activities that are far from their core businesses. In many cases, firms decide to outsource this function in whole or in part to agents or third party logistics firms.
Using this concept of offshoring and outsourcing answer the following questions by conceding any Saudi Local company or any Multinational company.
1. What are the roles of Third party logistics firms in a smooth running of Supply chain process of a multinational organization? (1.5 Mark)
2. What are the motivational factors companies going internationally? (1.5 Mark)
3. On what ground companies choose developing countries location for offshoring. Use examples. (Mention the country and decisive factors) (1.5 Mark)
4. References (Use APA style of referencing (0.5 Mark)
The Answer must follow the Key word/ outline points below:
· Each answer should be 300 to 500 range of word counts.
· Outsourcing , offshoring ,Third Party logistics
· Their Main functions
· Motivational Factors /Drivers
· Reasons with suitable Examples
Note: You can support your answer by reading chapter 4 of your book.
You can use secondary source available on internet.