Services, Failure, and Recovery
Let’s talk about service!
1. Choose a service that you have purchased recently.
· Assess the service using the 7Ps
· What is the service’s core benefit, service provisions, and tangibles (if any)?
· How do the concepts of intangibility, inseparability, inconsistency, and perishability/inventory relate to your service?
2. Describe a time that you experienced a service failure. Did you complain to other consumers? Did you complain to management? What was the outcome? Have you ever exchanged with that company again? Did you experience service recovery? If not, what could the company have done for you to recover from the service failure?
Solve for the following examples (Show ALL OF your work; cut and copy the table into your answer or cut and copy into a word document and upload the document with your answers.
1. An umbrella manufacturing company’s yearly fixed costs are $275,000. The variable cost per unit is $5 and each umbrella is sold at $10.
· How many units does the firm sell per year in order to break even?
2. Using the full-cost pricing method, calculate out the price for a box of chocolates when:
· fixed costs per month (rent, etc.) = $50,000
· variable costs (ingredients, etc.) = $3 per box
· sales volume per month = 100,000
· The accounts department has set 20% as the profit margin.
3. A manufacturer has invested $120,000 in a new product and wants to set a price to earn a $80,000 profit. The variable cost per unit is $20 and the company sells the units at $100. How many units does the company need to sell to reach the target profit?
4. An athletic mouth guard manufacturer has invested $500,000 in the business and wants to set a price to earn a 30 percent return on investment. The company thinks it can capture 1% of the United States’ 18 million athletes at a variable unit cost of $2.50 per mouth guard. What would you price the mouth guard at? Would you go higher or lower than this? WHY?
5. If the cost of a renovation job include permits ($500), supplies ($2000), subcontracted salaries/materials ($4000), and $500 in miscellaneous expenses (such as gas driving to/from job site). The contractor wants to make a 25% markup. What is the price of the job to the customer?
The high-flying Enron Corporation dominated the financial news in the last few months of 2001 and early 2002. The company experienced a collapse in its stock price that was breathtaking. The Enron scandal offers the opportunity to assess the degree to which misleading accounting can affect connected firms and industry rivals.
After reading this article, provide your thoughts and ideas on ACCOUNTING CONTAGION: THE CASE OF ENRON.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.