I am expecting same creativity in your assignment. Use your own imagination when you write blogs.
BLOG in Word file (See the attached template). Be creative.
Please do not paraphrase or copy paste from the sample file.
Do not forget to use a proper cover page in word file containing your details and course etc.
1. Prior to beginning this exercise, conduct some basic research on what constitutes a blog (short for web log), and how blogs differ from other types of more formal writing styles. (Read blogs to get idea, use images/visuals to support them. Provide references to written facts and images. Do ensure you have proper APA referencing list at the end word file).
2. Background: You are the Director of Communications for a large Canadian-based multinational Fortune 500 corporation. It is your responsibility to write the company blog that is posted on the internet for all stakeholders and the general public to review. The Blog Worksheet outlines four scenarios (situations) for which you must post a response.
When writing your blog posts, you must consider the following:
1. The subject matter and whether it is good news or bad news story;
2. The appropriate tone for your message to ensure consistency;
3. The human side and the audience of your message. Note the scenario above states that it is a public blog. Consider who will read a public blog and who will be the primary audience.
4. The length and the importance of being succinct (Though the average blog length averages between 500-1,000 words, for the purposes of this assignment, keep each of your postings to a maximum of 250 words).
Four Scenarios are: See details:
- Your company is among top 20 companies for customer services – Share the good news. PLEASE ENSURE YOU COME UP WITH YOUR OWN COMPANY NAME.
- Your company’s truck driver caused accident, environmental spill and 3 causalities. Share the bad news. PLEASE ENSURE YOU COME UP WITH YOUR OWN COMPANY NAME.
- Your company sale has gone down by 25% in first quarter. Share the bad news. PLEASE ENSURE YOU COME UP WITH YOUR OWN COMPANY NAME.
- Your company has a strategic contract with government. 1000 new jobs will come. Share the good news. PLEASE ENSURE YOU COME UP WITH YOUR OWN COMPANY NAME.
References Page (if applicable, full references for all work cited in body)
The Individual Assignment 3: Communication Blog will be marked in its entirety out of 100. The following rubric indicates the criteria students are to adhere to, and their relative weights to the assignment overall.
% of Final Grade
a. Considered audience and wrote appropriately to address them.
b. Presented clear and concise blog posts.
c. Considered appropriate handling of good or bad news.
d. Effectively used active voice.
e. Respected length of posts.
a. Demonstrated creativity in writing style.
Format and Language (20%)
a. Followed blog post format.
b. Effective use of English language with minimal errors in spelling and grammar.
In case you need any further assistance, feel free to contact. Kindly please acknowledge this email.
Best regards, as always