Implementing reading strategies | GEN104: College Reading Strategies | Ashford University
This week you will practice implementing reading strategies. You will reflect on which strategies work, which don’t, and what changes you might need to make. You will read an article while practicing these strategies to help you determine which strategies are a good fit for you.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review the
- Consider the information in the video above.
- Review the strategy you selected to explore in Week 1 – Discussion 1.
- Using the strategy you chose in Week 1, read and annotate the short story There will come soft rains.
- Reflect on how well these strategies worked for you.
- Decide if you want to continue to practice using this strategy or if you would like to try a different strategy at this point.
In at least 200 words, address the following:
- Describe, briefly, the strategy you chose.
- Share how much time you spent reading, how many times you read There will come soft rains, and any words, phrases, and ideas that are unfamiliar.
- Explain what you would change about the strategy or approach you used to read this short story. What would you do differently and the same next week?