Hsa 300 week 4 assignment – research paper – emerging or current
Week 4 Assignment – Research Paper – Emerging or Current Health Care Issue
The purpose of this paper is to examine an emerging or current issue in health care. While not limited to these, several potential topics are:
- Reemerging outbreaks such as measles or Ebola.
- Human trafficking.
- Violence in health care settings.
- Medical tourism.
- Consumer-directed health care.
- Assisted suicide.
- Medical marijuana.
- Mandatory vaccinations.
- Personalized medicine.
Research, examine, and analyze your issue with thought, sensitivity, and reflection. Your paper must have the following elements:
- The paper must be 3–5 pages in length.
- Identify the resources or protocols that a provider would need to consider and have in place to address the issue (for example, HR policies, staff training, et cetera).
- Explain the leadership and managerial responses and responsibilities.
- Discuss the cultural impact.
- Describe the legislative actions or government agencies that may be involved (for example, CDC, AMA, ACA, et cetera).
- End your paper with a summary of your research.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Examine the influence of political, economic, and social factors and the impact of the U.S. health-care system on an emerging or current health care issue.