The book chapter (Chapter No 5) titled ” ‘Containerization in Globalization’: A Case Study of How Maersk Line Became a Transnational Company” is authored by Professor Sornn-Friese from Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
1. Based on the chapter, how do you best describe Maersk’s business model? (must include the shipping process and operations details; certainly, you can create graphics if it supports your storytelling; avoid repeating the phrases or directly quoting the main article; it has to be your own words and explain the way that you understood as accurately as possible).
Page Limit: 2 pages
2. The chapter illustrates a specific example where Maersk was able to respond to their clients quickly while they improve economies of scale on their assets. Explain this illustration in your own words. Also, can other companies from different industries replicate Maersk’s success? Explain.
Page Limit: 1 page
1. Avoid cut/copy and paste.
2. When you read materials online and want to use it, please provide proper references. You have to paraphrase it, avoid cut/copy and paste.
3. It is group work, so contribute as well as others in your team.
4. Honor the deadline. Due Date: Friday, October, 9th, 11:59 PM
5. Type your names on the top of the first page. It has to be a word document (i.e., .doc, docx). If you are submitting the document for your team, then name the document ” LastName_FirstName.docx” or ” LastName_FirstName.doc”
6. Recommended fonts: Garamond, Georgia, Cambria, Calibri. Font Size: 12 pts; 1.5 line space;
7. Use your own thoughts and words. Be concise and clear. Avoid colloquialism.
8. Failure to adhere to the above steps will lead to reduced (or zero) grades.
Note: The Turnitin will provide you an originality report when you submit the document. You may choose to look at the report, revise the document, and resubmit it. Note, resubmissions are not allowed past the deadline.
Side Note (not related to the assignment)
The above chapter is part of the book titled ” Shipping and Globalization in the Post-War Era Contexts, Companies,
Connections” Edited by Petersson, N.P., Tenold, S., White, N.J. 2019. This is an open-source book and the entire book is available at Link
Mangan J and Lalwani C, Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management, 3rd Edition, John Wiley, 2016
Hult T, Closs D and Frayer D, Global Supply Chain Management: Leveraging Processes, Measurements, and Tools for Strategic Corporate Advantage, McGraw-Hill Education, 2014
Harrison A, Hoek RV, Skipworth H, Logistics Management, and Strategy: Competing through the supply chain, 5th Edition, Pearson, 2014
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.