25. Suppose that D + E = A, that N/A = .15 and that D/A = 0.75. Solve for N/E.
26. Suppose that S/A = 4.5 and N/S = .08. Solve for N/A.
27. Suppose A – D = E, that N = 20,000, E/A = .75 and N/E = .40. Compute D/A.
28. Assume that S/A = 6.5, D/A = .40, N/E = .75 and A = D + E. Solve for N/S.
29. Given that: 2y + 10x + 18 = 4 and 4x – y + 11 = 0, solve for x.
30. Referring back to the prior problem, what is y?
31. Given that: 4(3g + 104) – 90 = 504 + 6(g – 14), solve for g.
32. Bill can mow his mother’s lawn in 40 minutes. His brother Jim can mow it in 65 minutes. How long will it take them to do it together, if each has his own lawnmower? (Record your answer in minutes rounded to one decimal place. For example, if the answer you find is 14.2835 minutes, record 14.3).
Bill can mow in 40 minutes
So he can mow 1/40 of lawn in one minute
Jim can mow in 65 minutes
So he can mow 1/65 of lawn in one minute
Both can mow in one minute (1/40 + 1/65) of the farm
= 21 / 520 of farm
For total mow of the farm – they will require
= 24.8 Minutes
33. On a particular day, the campus bookstore sold 30 T-shirts. White ones cost $9.95 and yellow ones cost $10.50. Total sales of T-shits were $310.60. How many white shirts were sold?
Total sales (in dollars) $310.60
Number of t-shirts 30
34. Referring back to the prior problem, how many yellow shirts were sold?
35. If working alone, Marcus can paint a room in 3.15 hours. Working together with Claudia, they can both paint the room in 2.09 hours. How long would it take Claudia working alone to paint the room?
36. An airplane leaves Louisville for Cleveland at a speed of 475 mph. Twenty minutes later; a plane heading for Louisville leaves Cleveland, which is 350 miles from Louisville at a speed of 500 mph. When they meet, how far are they from Cleveland?
38. A rich merchant had collected many gold coins. He did not want anybody to know about them. One day, his wife asked, “How many gold coins do you have?” After pausing a moment, he replied, “Well! If I divide the coins into two unequal numbers, then 25 times the difference between the two numbers equals the difference between the squares of the two numbers.” How many gold coins does the rich merchant have?
39. Suppose that you go out and buy 100 lbs. of cucumbers that are 99% water. Unfortunately, you do not observe the rules of caring for your cucumbers so after some time they dehydrate until they are only 98% water. How much do they then weigh?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.