11. Bond Pricing. A 30-year-maturity bond with face value of $1,000 makes semiannual coupon payments and has a coupon rate of 8%. What is the bond’s yield to maturity if the bond is selling for: (LO6-2)a. $900?b. $1,000?c. $1,100?
12. Bond Pricing. The following table shows some data for three zero-coupon bonds. The face value of each bond is $1,000. (LO6-2)
Bond Price Maturity (years) Yield to Maturity
A $300 30 —
B 300 — 8%
C — 10 10
a. What is the yield to maturity of bond A? (Express your answer as a percentage rather than a decimal.)
b. What is the maturity of B?
c. What is the price of C?
13. Pricing Consol Bonds. Perpetual Life Corp. has issued consol bonds with coupon payments of $60. (Consols pay interest forever and never mature. They are perpetuities.) (LO6-2)
a. If the required rate of return on these bonds at the time they were issued was 6%, at what price were they sold to the public?
b. If the required return today is 10%, at what price do the consols sell?
1. Stock Markets. True or false? (LO7-1)
a. The bid price is always greater than the ask price.
b. An investor who wants to sell his stock immediately should enter a limit order.
c. The sale of shares by a large investor is usually termed a “primary offering.”
d. Electronic Communications Network refers to the automated ticker tape on the New York Stock Exchange.
2. Stock Quotes. Go to finance.yahoo.com and get trading quotes for IBM.(LO7-1)
a. What are the latest stock price and market cap?
b. What is the bid-ask spread?
c. What are IBM’s dividend payment and dividend yield?
d. What is IBM’s P/E ratio?
3. Stock Quotes. Here is a small part of the order book for Mesquite Foods:(LO7-1)Bid AskPrice Size Price Size103 100 103.5 200102.5 200 103.8 200101 400 104 300 99.8 300 104.5 400
a. Georgina Sloberg submits a market order to sell 100 shares. What price will she receive?
b. Norman Pilbarra submits a market order to buy 400 shares. What is the maximum price that he will pay?
c. Carlos Ramirez submits a limit bid order at 105. Will it execute immediately?
4. P/E Ratios. Favorita Candy’s stock is expected to earn $2.40 per share this year. Its P/E ratio is 18. What is the stock price? (LO7-1)
5. Dividend Yield. BMM Industries pays a dividend of $2 per quarter. The dividend yield on its stock is reported at 4.8%. What is the stock price? (LO7-1)
14.Constant-Growth Model. Arts and Crafts Inc. will pay a dividend of $5 per share in 1 year. It sells at $50 a share, and firms in the same industry provide an expected rate of return of 14%. What must be the expected growth rate of the company’s dividends? (LO7-2 )
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.