Questions 1 to 25: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page
break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. An exception to the exclusionary rule is the _______ exception.
A. good faith
B. threshold inquiry
C. stop and frisk
D. warrantless search
2. The _______ is the stage of the criminal justice system when a defendant is formally charged and
allowed to enter a plea.
A. preliminary hearing
3. The notion that crime is caused by social disorganization is a belief of
A. criminal anthropology.
B. humanist psychological theory.
C. Sigmund Freud.
D. the Chicago School.
4. The_______ Amendment protects against compelled self-incrimination.
5. According to the statistics quoted in your textbook, which of the following groups is likely to be most
fearful of crime?
A. Male whites
B. White Christians with income above $50,000
C. Southern college graduates of any race
D. Female nonwhites6. Which agency oversees the collection of information that’s compiled into the uniform crime reports?
A. Secret Service
7. Prohibiting certain behaviors that arguably shouldn’t be prohibited is referred to as
A. actus reus.
B. ex post facto law.
8. Which defense contends that the defendant should be found not guilty because his or her state of mind
negates criminal responsibility?
9. _______ law is that which is formed from judges’ decisions.
10. Most of the procedural, or due process, rights given to criminal suspects or defendants in the United
States are found in
A. Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure.
B. common law.
C. the Bill of Rights.
D. the First Amendment to the Constitution.
11. The right to counsel may be waived, but only if the waiver is made
A. by the defendant and at least two witnesses known to the defendant.
B. by the defendant’s attorney.
C. knowingly, intelligently, and voluntarily.
D. within 14 days after charges are filed.
12. Most legal excuses for criminal responsibility are based on the belief that certain offenders lack the
capacity or competence, or have diminished capacity or competence, to form
A. mala prohibita.
B. mens rea.
C. actus reus.D. legality.
13. On which of the following components of criminal justice was the most money spent in 2009?
C. Police protection
D. Judicial/legal services
14. Which part of the criminal justice system focuses on punishing defendants who are found guilty?
B. Social workers
15. What type of crime measurement collects data from those who break the law?
A. The national crime victimization surveys
B. The uniform crime reports
C. The longitudinal cohort survey
D. Self-report surveys
16. Which of the following are used to increase efficiency of the criminal justice system in the crime
B. Bench trials
D. Plea bargains
17. There are at least three different reasons that the U.S. Supreme Court did not make the Fourteenth
Amendment incorporate the Bill of Rights for approximately 100 years. Which of the following is not one
of the reasons given in your textbook?
A. There is little evidence that supporters of the Fourteenth Amendment intended it to incorporate the Bill of Rights
B. By 1937, a series of court decisions had established the precedent that the due-process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment
did not require states to follow trial procedures mandated at the federal level by provisions in the Bill of Rights.
C. It was an issue of states’ rights.
D. Voters frequently showed their disapproval of following trial procedures mandated by provisions of the Bill of Rights,
interpreting them as a possible threat to their civil rights.
18. The costs of corporate crimes are estimated at $260 billion annually, about _______ times greater than
the cost to victims of all crimes reported in the 2009 NCVS.
D. 1019. Police can seize evidence not covered by a search warrant when
A. the evidence is in plain view.
B. the evidence is in a motor vehicle.
C. they’re looking for drugs.
D. they’re looking for stolen goods.
20. Punishment involving torture is prohibited under the _______ Amendment.
21. An arrest warrant is issued only if substantial and trustworthy evidence supports which two
A. The person to be arrested committed the violation, and the person will be found in the place to be searched.
B. A violation of the law has been committed, and the person to be arrested committed the violation.
C. A violation of the law has been committed, and the person will be found in the place to be searched.
D. The specific objects to be searched for are connected with criminal activity, and the objects will be found in the place to be
22. According to the 2011 national crime victimization survey, approximately what percentage of all violent
crimes was not reported to the police by victims?
23. Defendants can appeal their convictions on constitutional grounds, including all of the following except
A. violation of his or her freedom of speech and public assembly.
B. incompetent assistance of counsel.
C. identification of the defendant through a defective police lineup.
D. improper questioning of the defendant by the police.
24. Low levels of _______ have been found in impulsive murderers and arsonists.
25. Limbic system disorders are possible explanations for criminal behavior under _______ theories.
C. classicalEnd of exam
D. criminal anthropology
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.