5 Discussions – Evaluate a Thesis Statement
No unread replies. No replies.
For this activity, locate and evaluate a thesis statement from the Internet. The thesis statement can be from a website, article, blog, or any other source as long as it is appropriate.
Complete the following:
1. Find an Internet article or essay on a topic of interest to you.(BASKETBALL)
2. Locate the author’s thesis statement.
3. Use the simple rubric below to evaluate the thesis. On a scale from one (no thesis) to five (exceptionally well-written and organized).
4. Explain why you have selected the rating. For example, why do you believe the statement is exceptionally well written and organized?
5. Post the author’s thesis statement, your rating, and your explanation and the link to the article or essay.
Thesis Statement Rubric (PDF)
Read and respond to at least two of your classmates’ evaluations.