English 102, Essay 1
Essay 1 Assignment: Prospectus and Annotated Bibliography
The prospectus will be your plan of action for the semester. Because you will be writing on the same topic for the entire semester, the prospectus will be used to pitch your narrowed topic and explain what facets you plan to pursue concerning your topic for the next three essays.
Your narrowed topic must fit within the larger class topic of “Monsters/Monstrosity in Visual Art.” This means your topic must be centered around a visual art/artist that exhibits your idea of monstrosity. If your narrowed topic is an unconventional type of visual art, you must be able to defend/define it as visual art and provide enough appropriate sources to cover your topic throughout the semester.
The annotated bibliography will be a list of sources that you will use for the semester. (You may gain or lose a few, but this list will help you determine if you are able to find enough sources to sustain your research and cover your topic throughout the semester.) In addition to citing your sources, you will explain briefly why you chose each one and how you plan to utilize it in one or more of your upcoming essays.
· 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced with page numbers
· MLA style header and citations
· Minimum TEN sources, must include the following:
o THREE secondary scholarly sources
o At least ONE other secondary source
o TWO non-fiction primary sources
o At least ONE other primary source
o At least THREE other appropriate sources of your choice
· Completed self-evaluation rubric, p59 of the Comp. & Rhet. Guide
· Blank essay rubric, p67 of the Comp. & Rhet. Guide
· Submit prospectus and annotated bibliography in one document to Moodle
. It’s 5 paragraphs long on topics about prospectus: INTRO-TOPIC, CHANGE OVER TIME, CONTROVERSY, SIGNIFICANCE, AND CONCISION (HOW YOU’LL APPROACH…). I, II, III, IV, V. Double spaced
. This is the first 100 pages of the book not all of it https://photos.app.goo.gl/qUVf37fDyHZoJuGR7
Annotated Bibliography 2-3 sentences
- She said that I need to choose one type of monsters and ask myself these questions, so they become easy for you to answer the question about a Monster in Visual Art. Also, she said, ” you need to build your first essay, then you expend the second essay more like a tree’s branches.” Prospectus: I Intro-topic Choice II Change Over Time III Controversy IV Significance V Concussion —————————————————— So, 1- The first essay talks about one type of monsters in general about five figures. (I, II, III, IV, V) 2- the second essay is going to be expended more on changing over time. (II) 3- The third essay is going to be expended more on the controversy. (III) 4- The fourth essay is going to be expended more on the Significance. (IV)
- ·And MLA style header and citations 10 sources So, the questions that she gave me, is to help you navigate what is the doctor want from me… [ Overall ] – What is the topic? ( What type of a monster are you going to talk about) – How is it a monster? – How is it visually represent it? – Who cares? – Who should care about it? -Why? -Why is your topic important
- Well, we need to build the first one right, so that is going to be easy for the second, third, and fourth essay.