EACH PARAGRAPH FOUR SENTENCES
Green LEED™ Architecture
Resources: LEED™ Presentation; Energy Usage Calculation spreadsheet
Read the LEED™ Microsoft® PowerPoint® Presentation to gain an understanding of the standard for green architecture.
Select the design of a home that uses standard architectural design or nonrenewable, inefficient energy guidelines.
Complete the Energy Usage Calculation spreadsheet. Use the Energy Usage Calculation spreadsheet to complete the following:
- Determine the most efficient alternative energy design that would reduce the energy output through built-in calculation.
- Compare the energy usage in the original to the new design of the chosen home.
Redesign your chosen building to achieve a certified, silver, or gold level of LEED™certification.
Prepare a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation and include the following:
- Outline your idea for an alternative energy design that includes LEED™ architecture.
- Determine the most energy-efficient design or alternative energy for the home or building you have chosen.
- Describe how you might integrate sustainable energy sources and technologies into the design.
- Report the energy savings of the new design.
- Compare actions you might take in daily activities at home, when commuting, and to work to reduce the energy you consume.
Note: The Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet should automatically calculate the electricity used in a typical house once you insert the number of hours. In addition, include the power usage of standard appliances such as a water heater, refrigerator, lighting, computer, television, dishwasher, and so on.