Discussion mini-essay post #3 and peer response: complex and | IDS 3309 | Florida International University, Modesto A. Maidique Campus
The mini essays posted in response to the discussion questions are part of the Gordon Rule writing assignments. Each mini essay should contain 200 words for a total of 800 words toward the Gordon Rule requirements.
The instructor will post one discussion question that serves as our class discussion. This is where you will add your experiences as well as additional sources to the topics of the week. Each original post is worth 5% of your final grade.
These posts are to be discussions and NOT reiterations of the material. You should bring original thoughts to the conversation and NOT simply summarize the information. Think critically and bring to light ideas and/or concepts that are new and share a different perspective.
Discussion Post Question: With specific examples, explain and describe the complex and interdependent relationship between consumers, advertisers, media companies, and media employees.
Directions for each discussion mini-essay post:
- Think critically about your answers and write thoughtful and insightful sentences.
- Students are expected to: (1) originate their own post AND (2) respond to at least TWO additional classmate’s thread. Make sure you include the other classmate’s FULL NAME when responding.
- Original posts should be 200 words long. Responses to your peers’ posts have no word limit, but to receive full credit you must respond to specific ideas from their original post, not simply indicate that you agree or that you liked it. Good posts should be concise and to the point and should not ramble or deviate from your point. Posts that are way under or way over the word count will result in a loss of points.
- This is not a case of how much you say, but rather how you reason and support your argument.
- Proper grammar, sentence structure, and paragraph-format are required.
- Refrain from just “agreeing” or “liking” your fellow classmate’s response.