Also consider the impact that the Cold War had at home, particularly on American culture and society. Reflect deeper on the state of American society in this time period; on the social, economic, and technological gains, but also on the inequalities that existed, particularly those discussed in The House We Live In.Think about how this period, which was a golden era for some, created the need for movements such as the Civil Rights Movement, the American Indian Movement, the Women’s Movement, and movements for immigrants’ rights such as the National Farm Workers Association and Chicano Movement.
- At Home: Select one of the following movements, your chosen movement should be included in the title of your discussion post:
- Civil Rights Movement
- American Indian Movement
- Women’s Movement
- National Farm Workers Movement/or Chicano Movement
- Answer the following questions:
- What conditions existed which created the need for this movement.
- What did this movement accomplish?
- What was the United States Government’s response to this movement?
- What is an issue that remains to this day?
- Abroad:How did the United States’ relationship to the world change during the Cold War, and to what extent did this pave the way for the events that we are witnessing in the world today? Provide at least one specific example of a foreign policy event which took place during the Cold War to support your position.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Your post should make reference to the required materials with in-text citations. Your references and citations must be formatted according to APA style as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center. You may use additional scholarly sources to support your points if you choose.