Discussion 1.2: Am I a person?
Step 1: Read about cellular conception and prenatal development in your textbook
Discuss your stance on the following topic:
At what point between conception and birth do you consider an organism a human being?
- Include support for your stance.
- Discuss whether or not evidentiary support from others could persuade you to change your position on this issue? Why or Why not?
- Explain how you may discuss this in a clinical setting with a patient who has opposing views.
- Address how professional language can impact your role as a Nurse when discussing controversial topics.
Step 2: Read and Respond to two of your peers
- Use your personal experience, if it’s relevant, to support or debate other students’ posts. If differences of opinion occur, debate the issues professionally and provide examples to support opinions.