You are to design an app for diversity awareness.
In order to analyze what to put in it, as well as to launch a marketing/sales plan you got a hold of a data set that indicates racial composition and diversity index for all counties in the US and their states. The dataset you need to work with it for this homework is attached (csv file).
- Obtain the descriptive statistics (quartiles) and the average diversity index for CA and for IL.
- Also, obtain the descriptive statistics (quartiles) and mean of the Mixed Race population in NY and CA
- Using a histogram, show the distribution of diversity index in IL and in CA (Show the histogram)
- Based on your observations, what can you infer is different between the two states? Look at Cook County and other counties downstate. Does that help explain the different histograms?
- In which states are the top counties with the largest Hispanic population? and the counties with the largest White alone population? Where are the counties with the largest mixed population?. This question asks you to look at the country as a whole, not at a state by state level. Respond by looking at the top 10 counties and show the state with the most counties in that list.
- Do CA and AK have a different diversity index? (i.e. does one have a signiﬁcantly greater diversity index than the other?) Hint: look at the p-values
- Do CA and IL have a different diversity index? Hint: same as above
- Do IL and WY have a different diversity index? Hint: same as above.
- Are these results intuitive? Explain them using histograms and/or boxplots
Your work must comply with the following:
- All questions answered in order. Please put the question number next to the answer
- Answer the questions sequentially.