Use the Internet, newspaper websites (such as USA Today, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, or The Washington Post) to research an article that uses statistical data related to a current event, your major, your current field, or your future career goal.
The chosen article must have a publication date during this quarter and use ONE of the following categories of descriptive statistics:
- Measures of frequency: counting rules, percent, frequency, frequency distributions.
- Measures of central tendency: mean, median, mode.
- Measures of dispersion or variation: range, variance, standard deviation.
- Measures of position: percentile, quartiles.
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you:
- Write a summary of the article.
- Explain how the article uses descriptive statistics.
- Explain how the article applies to the real world, your major, your current job, or your future career goal.
- Analyze the reasons why the author chose to use the various types of data shared in the article.