Part 1: Lesson Plan
For this field experience, you will deliver your mentor’s lesson plan or activity to either your whole field experience classroom or to a small group of students that your mentor teacher has selected.
Incorporate information learned during Topics 1-3 into the lesson, as well as higher-order activities, questions, and/or discussions.
Once you have implemented your lesson plan, discuss the success and challenges with the lesson with your mentor teacher. Ask for feedback and suggestions for future modification.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the mentor teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Part 2: Reflection
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon the lesson and your delivery.
Include the following in your reflection:
- Brief summary of the lesson delivered, including strategies and assessments
- Discuss the role of higher-order thinking in the lesson, including any higher-order questions or discussions that took place. Include a discussion of what went well.
- Describe ways in which higher-order thinking could have been more deeply embedded into the lesson.
- Identify the areas that went well and areas in which to improve.
- Reflect on how this experience will affect your future professional practice.
You do not need to include the lesson plan in your assignment submission; however, you are encouraged to include any relevant artifacts that will assist you in your reflection.