Critically appraise the below article using the criteria listed below:
Articles Websites: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3714350/
PICO question: In patients with substance use disorder, how does the implementation of a buprenorphine treatment program affect treatment retention compared to a methadone treatment program?
· Quote (add page number) or rephrase the research purpose and/or research question/hypothesis if there is any.
· Identify the major study variables: can be found in the above statements. Data on these study variables are usually collected using the instruments/tools described in the “measurement” section.
· Name of the research design and its level of evidence associated with your PICO question.
· Advantages and disadvantages of this design
Sampling technique, sample size and sample characteristics
· Is sample size adequate or too small?
· Are there any sampling bias?
· Was the non-response rate high?
Measurement and data collection:
· The name, reliability and validity of each measurement/tool (except the one for demographics)
· Data collection methods (who, how and through what channel), e.g. structured vs semi-structured survey, self-report vs. observation or interviewer rated, bio-physiological vs. psycho-social-behavioral, face-to-face vs mailed, telephone, online, computer based, etc.
· Strategies or lack of description of such strategies to yield high-quality and unbiased data
· How were the data analyzed? Were the statistics used appropriate?
· If there were missing data, did the researchers described how missing data were handled?
· For longitudinal and repeated measure designs, did attrition or loss to follow-up affect study results? If there were attrition, what statistical methods were used to reach unbiased results?
Other design-specific issues
· Answer the appraisal questions specific to the research design of your article but have not been covered in above sections.
Major research findings
· Include the magnitude of effect and strength of association (effect size).
· Are the findings clinical significant?
Overall validity of the study:
Summarize your answer to the question, “Are the results of the study valid” and state why
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.