Critically analyze each of the identified organizational challenges you identified in Week 3 and compare them with Capella University’s criteria for an approvable doctoral capstone topic and project and with elements needed for the application of EBP improvement. Then, make a case for focusing on one challenge as the best opportunity for EBP improvement in a potential doctoral capstone project.
The assignment requirements, outlined below, correspond to the scoring guide criteria, so be sure to address each main point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed. In addition, note the additional requirements for document format, length, and supporting evidence.
- Describe the characteristics of a professional doctorate and doctoral capstone project.
- Compare professional activities and roles for individuals with a DHA or DrPH degree compared to a PhD degree.
- Delineate the differences and similarities between a DHA or DrPH capstone project and a PhD dissertation.
- Describe three major characteristics of a doctoral capstone project.
- Critically analyze the potential of evidence-based improvement to mitigate the negative impact of each of the three identified organizational challenges.
- Describe the appropriateness of applying the EBP process to mitigate the negative impact of the identified challenges.
- Summarize the quality of available research evidence to support a potential project focused on mitigating the negative impact of the identified challenges.
- Describe how the EBP process could facilitate improvements that mitigate the negative impact of the challenges in a short period of time.
- Determine the extent to which a project focused on mitigating the negative impact of each of the three organizational challenges meets Capella University criteria for a doctoral capstone project.
- Outline what a doctoral capstone project is and what it is not, according to Capella University criteria for a doctoral capstone project.
- Describe how the application of existing knowledge to mitigate the negative impact of the challenges aligns with your program and specialization and contributes to your field.
- Summarize Capella University criteria that would be met by a doctoral capstone project focused on mitigating the negative impact of the challenges.
- Argue for the potential success and approval of a doctoral capstone project focused on the evidence-based improvement of one challenge the organization is facing.
- Describe how the evidence-based improvement of one challenge meets professional doctorate, EBP, and university standards and criteria.
- Write concisely and directly, using active voice.
- Apply APA style and formatting to scholarly writing.
- Format: Format your paper using APA style. Use the APA Style Paper Template [DOCX]. An APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX] is also provided to help you in writing and formatting your paper. Be sure to include:
- A title page and reference page. An abstract is not required.
- A running head on all pages.
- Appropriate section headings.
- Length: Your paper should be 3–4 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page.
- Supporting evidence: Cite at least two current and relevant peer-reviewed studies. Provide in-text citations and references in APA format.