Consider the following questions:
1. What does “malware free” mean?
2. How can a user demonstrate that their computer or device is malware free?
3. What are the steps necessary to establish a malware-free computer or device?
4. How should Always Fresh verify that a client computer or device is compliant?
Create a malware protection procedure guide that includes steps for installing and running anti-malware software. Fill in the following details to develop your procedure guide:
1. Provide a list of approved anti-malware software solutions—include at least three leading antivirus and two anti-spyware products. You may include Microsoft products and third-party products. Instruct users to select one antivirus and one anti-spyware product and install them on their computer.
2. Describe the process of:
a. Ensuring anti-malware software and data is up to date. Mandate daily updates.
b. Running regular malware scans. Mandate that automatic scans occur whenever the computer is idle. If that setting is unavailable, mandate daily fast scans and biweekly complete scans.
3. Provide steps to follow any time malware is detected.
a. Immediate reaction—what to do with current work, leave the computer on or turn it off
b. Who to contact
c. What information to collect
The procedure guide may be used by company security professionals in the future. Hence, all steps listed should be clear and self-explanatory.