Create a case study analysis based on two scholarly studies that
Goal: Create a case study analysis based on two scholarly studies that utilize metaphors (Morgan’s, or similar) to describe the functionality of organizations. After a concise, but thorough, analysis of the cases, summarize the benefits of using metaphorical devices in management practice.
Instructions: Students will write a 600-750 word case study analysis based on two case studies that involve the use of Morgan’s metaphors (or similar) as a tool to understand organizations. Review the Case Study Analysis procedure as presented in a document located in this week’s reading resources (see Lessons). Obtain your case study articles from scholarly peer-reviewed journals. Use case studies that were published within the last ten years. After a concise, but thorough and clear delineation and analysis of the cases, complete the paper with a summary of what you gleaned from using metaphors to understand management practice within organizations.
Write using the APA style format, including a title page and references page (no abstract is required). Please provide BOTH case studies used.
Use the following outline in your summary (in APA format with a Title page and References page):
1. Identify the business problems of each of the cases; describe the metaphor(s) used.
2. Rank-order the critical issues stated in the cases
3. Evaluate the proposed solutions. Are the solutions valid? Why or why not? How/why did the use of metaphor(s) assist in the solution?
4. Submit recommendations you propose beyond what is already stated in the cases.
5. State how the solutions will be communicated in each case. Do you agree? Why or why not?
6. At the end of the paper, write a paragraph expressing the takeaways/benefits of using metaphors in management practice.