Assignment Description: In this discussion assignment, students will watch a video about China’s investment in Africa. After watching the video, students will answer a total of TWO questions (ONE selected from #1 to #3; Question #4 is mandatory for all students). Submit your response to the three questions as your original thread/post; then return to the topic and participate in a discussion following the discussion rules below. Facts from the video are particularly important.
Discussion rules: You must first watch video before you submit a post (answers to 3 questions). You will then return and participate in a discussion forum.
1) ) Three posts are required for full credit: 1) Your original post – You must start your own thread by submitting your answers to the questions selected. You will not be able to see others’ posts until you submit your first post. Your original post MUST BE DETAILED – at least 75-100 words but not exceeding 150 words. 2) Two more responses reacting to posts submitted by others in the class. Responses to others must be respectful and positive even when you do not agree. You are not allowed to qualify other students’ responses (“great job Jacob; Excellent Jane, etc, etc…” – that’s my job! You must response to their substance.
2) Save your original response in your computer or email it to yourself – just in case it does not record.
3) Responses should reflect a thought process, therefore, must be detailed.
ANSWER MUST CONTAIN: Specific issues mentioned in the video, names of people in the video, places and institutions mentioned, facts mentioned, etc.
Video title: How Africa is Becoming China’s China
Duration: 10 min. 47 sec.
Questions: In your initial thread/post, you are to answer a total of TWO questions: ONE question from the list of three; and question 4 which is MANDATORY for all students.
1)What exactly are China’s motives/interests in its massive investment in Africa? List at least four interests citing evidence of specific projects including names of projects and countries mentioned in the video. (What’s in it for China?)
2) According to the video, what do African countries expect to gain from China’s investment in the continent? List THREE main benefits of Chinese investment in Africa to African countries (What’s in it for Africa?) Is this expectation realistic?
3) China is currently investing massively in Africa particularly in highway construction, mega stadiums, high-speed rail, resource extraction especially minerals and oil, building ports and harbors, dams, airports, fancy shopping malls, city skyscrapers, etc. Why is this bad for Africa? If African countries MUST seek China’s help, what areas would be smart to prioritize (over infrastructure which they can do for themselves)?List three areas they should be prioritizing with China’s help.
ALL STUDENTS MUST ANSWER THIS QUESTION:
4) Should the United States (and other industrialized nations of the World) be concerned about China’s investment activities in Africa? Why do you say so? Cite evidence from video.
Remember: Your original post/thread must be at least 75-100 words but not exceeding 150 words.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.