Create a timeline identifying the steps you need to complete in your career path and the sequence of those steps. Refer to the “The Accounting Profession: Explanation of Externships, Internships, and Full-Time Jobs” document for further assistance. Include the following items with the corresponding completion dates:
- Externships (e.g., summer leadership programs) and/or Internship(s). Where will you apply for internships and when will you complete that internship? Be sure to become familiar with the hiring timelines for the companies, such as public accounting firms, as they interview for positions generally a full year before you would actually start working.
- Coursework completion. Undergraduate programs.
- Coursework completion. Graduate programs, if applicable.
- Certifications, such as CPA. When will you sit for the exams? How will you prepare? If applicable, why is a certification important to you?
- Full-time position. Where do you want to work? When will you start? What steps will you take to get hired at this particular company?
In addition to the timeline, summarize the assignment with a discussion of how you will accomplish your end goal, the full-time job. The summary portion should be between 400-750 words, may be written in the first-person, and must be grammatically correct