- In your view, which of the following mechanisms is most effective in protecting consumers: the consumer movement, government regulation, the courts, or industry self-regulation? Explain your reasoning.
- Income inequality has grown in the United States since the 1980s. Do businesses contribute to this trend, and if so, how? What, if anything, can businesses do to reduce income inequality?
- What explains the gender and racial pay gap? What can be done about it?
- Consider the following statement: “Effective civic engagement makes firms more competitive.” Do you agree or disagree? Explain your position.
- What can a company do to build and maintain a good reputation?
I want you to first open a new text file using the word processing application of your choice. Write your name, course number, and section number at the top of the page. Next, copy and paste the five questions below into your document. Type your response to each question in complete sentences, using no more than 250 words per question.
Your score on each question will be determined primarily by two factors: (1) use of course material (i.e., incorporating ideas and concepts from course readings and lectures) and (2) evidence of critical thinking (e.g., showing an understanding of multiple sides of an issue). Prose should be clear and concise. Answers should be written in your own words. Plagiarism of any kind will not be tolerated.
Only use of materials attached to this are allowed to be used, No other sources allowed.
Slides and Chapters- 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 from textbook “Anne T. Lawrence_ (Business ethics professor) James Weber” which is attached as well