In this activity, we explore what the Bible has to say about safety. Psalm 122:7 states, “Peace be within your walls and security within your towers” (ESV). The writing of Psalms is generally attributed to King David in ancient Israel. The verse is referring to a city, Jerusalem. This is very clearly indicating a physical threat, possibly a surrounding unfriendly nation or group of people. However, threats may come from a variety of attackers and in many forms. Psalm 9:10 says, “Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you” (NIV).
- Review the material in the Background Information, including the specific Bible passages.
- Be sure to address the following prompts in your paper:
- In the context of our world today, and particularly technology, where are today’s threats likely to come from?
- Security is “within your towers,” so how can we work to assure that “peace,” or security?
- Considering your cultural/religious background, what is your personal view regarding God protecting us humans? Explain your opinion and provide examples if possible.
- Your paper should be 250 words in length.