Chapter 7: Questions for Discussion #1 through #4
- Explain the relationship among data mining, text mining, and sentiment analysis.
- In your own words, define text mining, and discuss its most popular applications.
- What does it mean to induce structure into text-based data? Discuss the alternative ways of inducing structure into them.
- What is the role of NLP in text mining? Discuss the capabilities and limitations of NLP in the context of text mining.
Chapter 7: Exercise 6 and Internet Exercise 7
- Go to teradatauniversitynetwork.com and find the case study named “eBay Analytics.” Read the case carefully and extend your understanding of it by searching the Internet for additional information, and answer the case questions.
- Go to kdnuggets.com. Explore the sections on applications as well as software. Find names of at least three additional packages for data mining and text mining.
Important Note: In cases if any websites or links do not work, select another respective exercise of choice to replace. ????When submitting work, be sure to include an APA cover page and include at least two APA formatted references (and APA in-text citations) to support the work this week. Below is the general assessment rubric for this assignment and remember that late penalties are built within the overall assessment so complete this assignment by the Sunday due date of week 4.Important Note: When I see similarity indexes over 20%, I will review the similarity report to determine if points are going to be docked for plagiarism issues and as a tip, do not include or write the actual questions or exercise directions within these papers. In other words, all work must be original and not copied from any source and very high similarity indexes will be reported to the University.