Key Performance Indicator Assignment: Group Counseling Plan PYCL 635 Required KPI Assignment: Group Counseling Plan (20 points/100 point scale)
Students will choose a group counseling topic they would like to research and for which they will develop a six-week group framework plan. The instructor must approve your topic in advance. Sample topics could include:
“Support for middle school children dealing with trauma in high poverty areas.””
Will specify the population for whom the group is tailored. Students will research effective small group intervention plans for this topic and population. Students will then design (in outline form) a 6-week, small group counseling plan based on this research. The student will present this information to the class on the assigned date (the presentation should be 15 to 20 minutes in duration and include a PowerPoint and handout that incorporates section V. Group Counseling Plan which is detailed below). The outline of this group counseling plan will include the following sections:
1. Introduction Is this topic more appropriate for small or large group? Highlight why individual counseling wasn’t chosen. What is your specific population of focus for this group? (e.g., court mandated clients, children who have lost a loved one, adolescents with school difficulties, couples, etc.) 2. Characteristics of Group Leaders What group leader characteristics are necessary for successful group facilitation? How does the type and formulation of the group impact your group leader selection and facilitation?
3. Culturally Relevant Strategies for Designing and Facilitating Groups How do cultural and diversity factors impact development and facilitation of your group? What steps have you taken to ensure these strategies are in place?
4. Research What does the research suggest as effective interventions for this population? What does the research show was ineffective for working with this population?
5. Group Counseling Plan Clearly outline at least 6 sessions for the group Include the following for each session: Objectives for each session Materials needed for each session Step-by-step instructions for leading the lessons, including process questions the leader should ask with the activities Any additional materials (e.g., worksheets, handouts) the leader will need
6. Recommendations In addition to the group, what (if anything) should the counselor do to ensure that the client’s needs are met in this topic area? What would you recommend to counselors planning to lead this group? What ethical considerations and multicultural competencies should be integrated into the group?
7. References APA style is required Generated:
8/8/2020 Page 8 of 21 At least 5 professional references must be used (no websites or self-help books) A rubric for this assignment can be found at the end of the syllabus. Students must receive at least a 70% to receive a passing grade. A student who scores a ‘Not Met’ on any criterion of KPI assignment must complete an Individual Remediation Plan with the instructor. Failure to successfully remediate the KPI assignment will result in a F (Fail) grade in the course.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.